Have you tried spaghetti tacos?

18 Likes

my best bud back in phoenix, used to have the taco/ lunch truck cook make him spaghetti burritos. she often made spaghetti for the little white boys who would not have anything to do with carne asada, carnitas, or tacos de lengua and my friend would have her roll that spag in a big flour tortilla. sounds gross to me, but i’m no great fan of most spaghettis out there.
alas, my dear old friend’s very poor diet and obesity caught up to him in the end. RIP, Brucie!

14 Likes

In fact, I have MADE spaghetti tacos, because my daughters were the right age to have watched iCarly and gotten the idea to try them.

Didn’t eat them though: and once they’d tried them once, they never asked for them again. And this is in a family that regularly cross-culturalizes our recipes. There’s just no there there, if you get my drift. Just, boring and bland.

21 Likes

Seems like such a missed opportunity. Instead of spaghetti inside a shell, why not taco toppings over noodles? There’s already a precedent of sorts with chili spaghetti. But the whole point was a wacky tween joke in the first place, so I suppose it is what it’s supposed to be.

12 Likes

I haven’t, but I’ve seen someone eat a ramen grilled sandwich. It’s where you take cheese and optionally some crispy bacon, sandwich it between two blocks of instant ramen, and cook both sides in a skillet until the cheese melts.

(Just in case you really wanted to test your cardiac health.)

6 Likes

Hmmm. Seems non-tasty.

Hot dog burritos, though? Yum.

10 Likes

now ya done it.
the horrible memories of growing up broke-ass in texas come flooding back. us po’ kids had to eat those nasty turkey weenies on a flour tortilla with only mustard, ketchup or hot sauce (only one!). sometimes, we got baloney to roll up in a tortilla.
yeah. no thanks.

14 Likes

American cheese and mayonnaise helps. Try it!

8 Likes

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

14 Likes

That should really be in a soft taco.

Or just order a meatball sub.

14 Likes

Sriracha or BBQ Sauce is better :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I was looking for a gif of Gary Busey in Point Break saying “Utah, get me two,” about meatball subs but found this instead; sorry/not sorry.

keanu reeves 90s GIF

13 Likes

I’ll be seeing him later this afternoon.

9 Likes

utah-get-me-two

9 Likes

My fave U.S. vs Japan mashups were:

Taco rice down in Iriomote:

The legendary spam musubi at an Oktoberfest in Fukuoka:

7 Likes

This thread

16 Likes

With bacon!

11 Likes

Sterling work there, buddy, and how happy am I at getting the quote right!? :smiley:

I maintain my gif was prettier but thanks.

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

13 Likes

You can, but it’s not great. Of course I think they should be cooked first, but I guess maybe allowed to dry just a little longer than usual? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Germany got you covered.

Oh, and for dessert:

8 Likes