HBO's Westworld looks handsome

[Read the post]

1 Like

Pretty excited about this, considering I have a framed Westworld movie poster in my room!

(The other one is a Death Race 2000 movie poster)

9 Likes

I’m in.

Proviso: I’m not sure that “PKD” and “healthy dose” are mutually compatible. PKD, like JJ-180, is habit-forming, and may cause side effects including time travel and reality substitution.

3 Likes

There’s been a TV series before, has anyone seen it?

(and have you seen Futureworld?)

9 Likes

I had not heard of that. So Quark made it to 8 episodes, but this got canned at 3?

3 Likes

I’d never heard of it. I only just noticed it when I pulled up the Futureworld wiki page.

2 Likes

Heck, they made 9 episodes of Supertrain…

4 Likes

I don’t recall watching Beyond Westworld, but I do remember commercials of the era with amusement.

3 Likes

So, what happened to “Bolt” paper towels? (All I can find online are vintage coupons in newspaper-scans!)

1 Like

Hey Rob, one too many "h"s in Crichton.

Chhhhrist, whhhhhat an ashhhhhole.

1 Like

My first introduction to Westworld was my mom buying a VHS tape of it after seeing Yul Breneer in a cowboy hat, and thinking it was a western. That initial disappointment has always colored that movie for me.

I liked the Aquabats Super Show! take on it.

2 Likes

Gosh golly, I did love Westworld. Perfect balanced doses of sci-fi, horror, and western.

My fondness for the original aside, I do like that this version is a serial and not a stand-alone feature. I think Hollywood should in general do more “revisiting worlds” than “rebooting” or “remaking” stories.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.