Hedge fund manager buys drug company, raises price of pill from $13.50 to $750

Well that’s not really true at all. By your logic Tesla isnt an innovative company because their product is premised on electrical engineering principles established mostly by public entities. Alexion in fact developed the drug and discovered it, they did use scientific knowledge developed by universities but the same can be said of virtually any scientific advance in any field. I’m not defending the pricing its far too much but its far more understandable than what Turing did in that the drug was not developed by them.

Well if you could build a Tesla car for under a dollar I’d say they were overpriced. But then no one died because they couldn’t afford one.

4 Likes

I don’t see why the whole of humanity is so single-minded that we can’t tackle both?

1 Like

Because we’ll spend all the collective effort on ritual collective shaming of some poor schmuck for a silly tweet.

2 Likes

The slacktivists that feast upon twitter outrage, impotent change.org petitions, and social media forwards are not going to start doing anything of substance in their absence. Time-wasters and feel-gooders that require no personal investment.

Outrage and shaming over outrage doesn’t do anyone any good. It’s turtles all the way down.

3 Likes

You’re kidding about the spelling of “dooshbag”, right?

You’re kidding about the spelling of “kidding”, right?

1 Like

Amen Brother-Sister.

Please reread my comment - tackling both was a point.

1 Like

Consider yourself at home
Consider youself one of the family
We’ve taken to you so strong
It’s clear we’re going to get along
Consider yourself well in
Consider yourself part of the furniture
There isn’t a lot to spare
Who cares?..What ever we’ve got, we share!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.