Heinlein's dystopian juvenile novels

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2008/08/05/heinleins-dystopian.html

@Falcor, time leak to clean upon aisle 8…

5 Likes

Hey, which motherfucker is causing all this time travel anyway?

4 Likes

Boing Boing trying to go back to a better time in history?

7 Likes

You know, it’s so rarely that I get an opportunity to make a Lazarus Long joke, and now I see that it’s just as well…

6 Likes

Adding insult to injury the linked article appears to be gone. And here I was thinking about the first Heinlein I read, Red Planet, and wondering what it had to say about that.

2 Likes

Back when George W Bush was president. Those were the good old days! [cries in corner]

8 Likes

t as ome o ass. ou ave een t n he ress onferences 'm ure. he ystopia s ur ew ormal, he outine.

Right there with you. Red Planet, Rocket Ship Galileo and Space Cadet were my first three. My dad dropped that stack on me and changed my life. (Now I have to google them to make sure I’m not misremembering.)

1 Like

I envy you. I read Red Planet in spite of the copy we had at home being taken away from me repeatedly. And then when I checked it out from the school library I got in trouble for going to the library without permission.

Since it’s the story of a couple of school kids who help start a revolution against a stupid and greedy tyrant that seems fitting.

2 Likes

I assume 4Chan

5 Likes

4 Likes