Hello Kitty dictionary for kids has gruesome definition for necklace

Glad to have Ambrose Bierce back.

10 Likes

Not the first time a children’s dictionary has been marred by unnecessarily dark imagery.

And that’s terrible.

23 Likes

6 Likes

Truly terrible indeed. But then, who could resist

40 cakes!

13 Likes

Even the children are brutal.

2 Likes

That image could have had 40 cakes with very little change, but doesn’t. I guess the illustration wasnt done with this dictionary in mind

3 Likes

Possibly picked whichever definition filled the line best.

1 Like

I learned about this at an early age, but it was on the news. IIRC this was done in Haiti when Baby Doc Duvalier was president.

Kids will find out what they will find out, but a children’s book is obviously a completely inappropriate place for this reference.

1 Like

So he didn’t really disappear after all!

2 Likes

Guess he got tired of that “good, good darkness” down Mexico way.

1 Like

that tickles my sense for sadly hilarious/hilariously sad…
And that’s terrible.

Like when the big machine we all helped create grinds something pure and innocent into the dust with great efficiency and we all stand by and drink strawberry fanta (strawberry fanta is dope).

What’s the problem?

7 Likes

One of the cakes is flying off the cart and got cropped out of this image. Otherwise there’s at least the implication of forty cakes (that’s as many as four tens!) because of the four presumably identical tiers of that cart.

Lex Luthor’s cake-stealing ways have been made retroactively canonical, but I’m pretty sure that picture was made for that dictionary.

8 Likes

I guess you would get nervous around my kids.

1 Like

You can’t afford to be discriminatory when rooting out collaborators. If you are, the opponent can simply pick collaborators from whoever is underrepresented in your campaign of terrifying extrajudicial executions. Meritrocity™ is just good policy!

Most metal dictionary ever.

If you look up “necklace define” on Google, definition 2 is “(chiefly in South Africa) a tire doused or filled with gasoline, placed around a victim’s neck, and set on fire.”, so maybe where ever they got the base definitions it was left in there accidentally on purpose.

2 Likes

4 Likes

So the recursive definition of ‘need’ is the Sanrio Metal we all want to see in the world, but unpacking 1680 to modern-era accessories with zero murder is appropriate?

I’m going to need some more cartoons of the person leaving Anthony Weiner pulling a certain Hillary out of a ‘moral minefield,’ plus some kind of outing where the Sanrio-dan make fun of mens’ necklaces, please.

http://contentinjection.com/different-types-of-hello-kitty-necklace/ Robots doing it (er, SEO IT) for themselves.
Hello Kitty breast pump, plugs, hornworm variety, etc. http://www.kittyhell.com/
Hm. It’ll wait a century I suppose.

2 Likes

I hear they’re replacing it with a definition of a Colombian Necktie.

4 Likes

How do you expect us to beat the commies if our 8 year olds aren’t combat ready?!?

3 Likes