Here is the "Frosty the Snowman" (1969) TV special with the original voices before it was overdubbed

Originally published at: Here is the "Frosty the Snowman" (1969) TV special with the original voices before it was overdubbed | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Dey couldn’t replace da Old Schnozzola. Ha-cha-cha-cha-cha!

[no-one appealed to little kids in 1969 like Jimmy Durante, apparently.]

12 Likes

It never occurred to me before but that scene where Frosty speeds down the hillside using his body as a sled would be like a person sliding down a mountain made of human flesh.

14 Likes
8 Likes

I find it kind of sucky that June Foray has been uncredited in a few shows she helped voice. She was Rocky the Flying Squirrel for gosh sakes!

10 Likes

“Good Night, Mrs. Calabash; wherever you are.”

8 Likes

Though in this case her name appeared in the credits even after the overdub.

7 Likes

And the people heat their homes with his people’s eyes. The whole thing has a Clive Barker vibe.

9 Likes

[V brief tangent]
I’ve long thought this gorg-e-ous beastie from Singapore’s Tiger Balm Gardens (now known as Haw Par Villa) was doing a Jimmy Durante impression:
Tiger Balm Garden Dragon Singapore
Hot-cha-cha-cha-cha!

2 Likes

June Foray can be heard in a Little House on The Prarie episode. She’s voiced so much stuff, her voice is easy to recognize.

Just in case everyone didn’t already know this…

3 Likes

It took me until I was an adult to realize that the same voice talents in those Rankin Bass classics (especially Frees and Foray) were the same voices from the 1967-1969 Spiderman TV cartoons. Close your eyes and imagine J. Jonah Jamison’s . Now imagine Yukon Cornelius :slight_smile: Mary Jane and Clarice are both obviously June :slight_smile: Now I keep thinking “Peter Parker” whenever I listen to Hermie the Elf’s lines. lol

3 Likes

I was watching an old 21 Jump Street episode the other night, I couldn’t place the actor playing the young girl the episode focused on. Turns out it wasn’t her face I recognized it was her voice. She voiced Bobby on King of The Hill.

Fun stuff this voice acting.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.