Here's how the grotesque "corpsicle" from True Detective: Night Country was created

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/24/heres-how-the-grotesque-corpsicle-from-true-detective-night-country-was-created.html

2 Likes

Haven’t seen this ep yet, but enjoying this season so far.

multiple layers of silicone cast…

Thanks again, uh…grease paint! Not sure how I feel about this funding someone’s MFA, being the body hair person, but there it is.

I am to used to bing watching stuff on tv, the way i can only watch this on Mondays feels old fashioned, but the show also feels busy to me, yes the previous two had detectives with complicated lives, but it felt like it was just about them on their own in swamp or the middle of no where, this one feels so much busyier and more about the community.

This is a probably a good place to ask. Whenever I see this show mentioned, there are inevitable comments saying they should bring the Season 1 cast back and that this season is “woke bullshit.” Is it just because there are actually women on the show now, as opposed to…most of the first three seasons? I was finding it hard to believe that the bar for misdirected outrage had gotten so low that just putting women as leads on a TV show now counted as “woke,” but…darkest timeline and all that.

1 Like

Not just women, but strong, tough women (many of whom are women of color) taking charge and getting shit done.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.