Here's the one story to read to learn about Silk Road

Sure, but to loop around to the topic Ross U clearly advocated the silk road as a libertarian project. And if he didn’t understand it would be used primarily by abusers he had his head in the sand as much as Marlboro executives.

And regardless of our opinion on drug prohibition, he knew he was setting people up for extremely dangerous situations. Such as the Krebs almost swat.

I appreciate that many people can handle their high. I can.

Ross is also getting a stupid deal at sentencing. And prohibition must change.

Apologies for the wearisomness. Yes, the ideological purity people seek does not exist anywhere, refusing to acknowledge personal responsibility to others is total bullshit.

I’ve dealt with mental health issues of my own and my personal response tends to be to thumb my nose at them, I deeply apologise if I’ve allowed that personal indignation to negatively flavour my ideation on the matter.

I appreciate the civil Discourse (bingo!).

I feel strongly that a marketplace for strong drugs needs, even requires, a strong social safety net. Anything less is irresponsible, naive, and dangerous.

2 Likes

Being a frontiersman to push for the personal usage of drugs I can get behind. Murder for hire? Fuck those people.

1 Like

New Comment cause you liked before I edited and that would be… just so unethical! :smile:

Which would preclude the legalisation of drugs which would make silk road unnecessary in the form it existed… Catch 22! Like I said, using such tools to introduce and force an argument is fine by me but I guess that means programmed obsolescence. It will go away when it has achieved what it should be out to achieve in the first place.

But then again, such spaces tend to then see the legalisation of what they do as a threat to their porfits. Really Fuck those dealers who vote against pot legalisation. They are scum. Not Murder for hire level scum, but scum.

I hear ya, but it didn’t take the silk road to get MJ legalized in four(?) States. It took years of hard, boring, tiring work by medical MJ supporters to build a narrative of compassion and tolerance.

Which is what Ross didn’t do. Even looking beyond the alleged murders for hire.

Ross set back prohibition changes by a decade. Cause all he thought about was his own Personal Liberty.

I will stop lecturing now. How’s dinner? :smiley:

3 Likes

Agreed. Only responsible people with a perspective I agree with should be using these tools, damnit!

/hehe I’m a a fascist I guess

[1:30 am in the wee 'oors over here m’friend, I’ll drink a tot to your health though, let’s see what’s in the cabinet shall we?]

1 Like

It’s not the longest Wired piece ever, Bearman needs to check his sources on that fact, and hopefully not on others! I believe that distinction goes to Mother Earth Mother Board by Neil Stephenson, which clocks in at over 40,000 words, worth a read if you haven’t…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.