Here's the unexpected origin of the "confused math lady" meme

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/08/heres-the-unexpected-origin.html

3 Likes

have a chaser.

9 Likes

Huh - never seen this until today.

18 Likes

Those are definitely the expressions I get once I get past Cal I.

2 Likes

Hell I majored in math but after 20+ years of doing tech support I would have to take classes to remember it all. During a move I found my text for Electricity and Magnetism and there were homework papers in which I was all well I passed this class with an A so I knew what this crazy formula stuff was at one time.

4 Likes

This deserves a proper math send up…

4 Likes

This is the actual proof of the snake lemma! In a movie!! Consider me flabbergasted.

5 Likes

Oh man, watching the original clip just made the meme even more amusing to me because of the music. Would love to see a short clip of that scene with math formulas overlayed on top lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As an EE, I understood those words.

ETA: speaking of words, was the last word in that scene “fuckface”?

1 Like

Obligatory

1 Like

Several sources confirm that it is indeed.

You’ve not seen that? I was in grad school when it came out, it provoked much interesting discussion among my peers.

1 Like

I was less than 10 in '80, and somehow never ran across it. I’m definitely going to have to check it out. I loves me some homological algebra.

I was 2. But I showed it before I proved it in class.

1 Like

Man, I love Twitter.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.