Here's what you probably missed in the final issue of Watchmen

Also he should be wearing a seat belt. If Superman is driving he’s probably doing so in the guise of Clark Kent. Taking responsible safety measures both helps maintain the illusion that Kent is a “regular guy” and sets a good example.

1 Like

I’ve never seen this, but that was brilliant!

1 Like

So, yeah, he’s a fascist.

Over It Woman GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

3 Likes

And Tony Soprano for me.

3 Likes

Agreed. Some people found him weirdly heroic, despite being a murderous gangster.

3 Likes

He was nothing but a victim of parental abuse. :sob:

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Poor guy… :roll_eyes:

I haven’t seen the recent movie that came out with Michael Ganfolfini playing a young Tony Soprano… Did you? And if so, was it any good?

2 Likes

No. I did watch and enjoy the whole series back in the day, but I’ve lost interest since then. :woman_shrugging:

I wonder if David Chase was all that involved in it.

1 Like

I think so? It got some pretty negative reviews overall, I think…

I never did see the Deadwood movie, either come to think of it… I wish they’d do a movie wrap up of Carnivale, though.

2 Likes

Speaking of adaptations (while also steering back on topic), I thought the Watchmen flick actually suffered from trying to be too faithful to the original.

(Which may not be an especially original take. I didn’t listen to chatter about the movie when it came out.)

1 Like

Exactly! I think that’s where the show did better - that it didn’t recreate the original comic, but instead took the concepts and themes and moved them forward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.