Hilarious Supermarionation puppet parody

Originally published at: Hilarious Supermarionation puppet parody | Boing Boing

9 Likes

What a spectacularly spot on parody! Moore’s and Cook’s pantomime is hilarious! SNL can learn something or two from this skit alone.

11 Likes

the martian GIF

7 Likes

11 Likes

Love this, the only inaccurate parts are the model shots. Those were always amazing in Century 21 productions.

7 Likes

And hand and feet close ups (shots of feet walking); those were always real hands and feet, which even as a 5 year old I found weird.

4 Likes

captain-scarlet-explosion

4 Likes

The Mysteron Head Explosion was far more destructive than the Scanners’ one.

5 Likes

They had the opportunity. Moore and Cook as a duo were guest hosts during SNL’s first season. :man_shrugging:

ETA: I’ve been watching all the Gerry Anderson stuff recently, and I have to say Dudley has the marionette movements down perfect.

I find it amusing that Master Spy undermines his own reputation with his constant attention-seeking behavior.

And the best dialogue I’ve heard comes from Joe 90 (IIRC)…“Let us out of here at once! We’re British!”

6 Likes

I don’t think we got Joe 90 in Boston. What was it about?

Basically, “Hey, let’s temporarily transplant the knowledge of X expert into my son’s brain here and send him out on life-endangering missions!”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.