Homophobes at Fox News have ridiculous opinions of Sec. Buttigieg

Originally published at: Homophobes at Fox News have ridiculous opinions of Sec. Buttigieg | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Swanson: “Evil”

Julia Louis-Dreyfus Dnc GIF by MSNBC

11 Likes

I’m so tired of these knuckleheads. I’m old enough to remember William Buckley Sr. He used words like a scalpel to asseverate ideas but refrained from personal attacks. Only downside was you had to have a dictionary handy.

5 Likes

Wait, so Cucker Tarlson is NOT “flamboyant”?

I mean, just look at that outlandish wig. Just look at it.

Come on, man!

19 Likes

“Flamboyant” also surely describes every bowtie-wielding conservative thinktank dandy.

18 Likes

F*cker Tiresome is rather flamboyant in how he throws around disparaging adjectives, doncha think?

To say nothing of his evil intentions.

4 Likes

Hmmm, just an eminence front, no? Dude was a mean, arrogant windbag.

Which was shown here, where James Baldwin wields an even sharper scalpel to eviscerate that smug, pale whale.

16 Likes

A dictionary of dogwhistles?

6 Likes

I suspect this is an example of conservatives trying to tear down growing Democratic statespeople as early as they can.

Which is actually a good sign of Sec. Buttigieg’s bright future. They’re worried about him.

9 Likes

I would have been more impressed with Buttigieg if he hadn’t turned up.

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe?

Seems to me they’re just throwing a heaping double helping of homophobic lib-bashing to their base of rabid old farts.

5 Likes
13 Likes

Yep, can’t get much more personal than that.

10 Likes

came here to post this. glad you beat me to it.

The idea that Buckley “refrained from personal attacks” is peanut-butter-in-your-underwear absurd.

7 Likes

It’s possible @Serge meant to draw our attention to WFB’s father—but Google says daddy was famous for extracting fossil fuels from Mexico more than for his debating skills :confused:

3 Likes

I think you’re referring to William F. Buckley Jr., the nasty, pompous pseudo-intellectual we all knew and loathed.

4 Likes

I’m grateful to YouTube for letting me see Buckley’s unwise attempt to debate Noam Chomsky on live TV. Where Chomsky proceeded to just take him apart.

5 Likes

So unfair! (intellectual giant versus pseudo-intellectual, hammer versus nail, bear versus gnat, etc.)

5 Likes

Buckley did have a genuine skill with words. He just used them to concoct lofty defenses and distancing euphemisms for ugly, destructive and irrational beliefs and policies.

Which makes it so great when Buckley was pitted against someone who had great skill with words, and no interest in spinning webs with them. Such as when Buckley spoke in a point-counterpoint with James Baldwin at Cambridge, another staggering mismatch. And Gore Vidal, who so frustrated Buckley that Buckley’s mask slipped and he felt emotionally forced to stoop to physical threat.

3 Likes

Yeah, about that

Intellectualizing flagrant racism is not a praise-worthy endeavor.

2 Likes