Horse Duck Gladiators!

I’ve been demoted from architecture design to training set lead. Which really doesn’t bother me. Except when I hear in our standups about “too many features are making our learning vectors less efficient”.

To which I want to scream, " Ducks!!! Or horses!!! "

I’m getting meta, ignore me

4 Likes

Fight the horse sized duck.

Kick sand in its eyes, and then call it mean names until it loses enough self esteem that it leaves you alone.

100 duck sized horses is certain death because horses are cliquey.

4 Likes

Can’t neglect to mention the Demon Duck of Doom: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullockornis

3m tall, 500kg.

4 Likes

Oh, right:

But seriously:

11 Likes

We all know birds are descended from dinosaurs, right?

Is this question really 'Would you prefer to fight one 1800 pound dinosaur or one hundred 2.5 pound ponies?"

Einstein, at 3 days old, weighed 6 pounds:

10 Likes

Horses because duck-sized horses are basically rabbits. One hundrd bunnies? So cute.

2 Likes

You may be surprised:

Honestly, I’d probably be kind of uncomfortable there. Bunnies have really strong teeth. Also, I’d be really afraid of stepping on one of them. God don’t you feel like an utter shitbag when you accidentally step on your pet’s foot? It makes me feel so bad.

Maybe I just have issues with Swarms of things. I don’t like swarms of anything. Bunnies, fish, crowds of people. It’s just sort of overwhelming for me, and I want to get where there’s a sane number of whatever I can keep track of.

9 Likes

I gotta say: I’m really fucking happy that these things are all dead now. I mean the biggest land predators alive today are tigers and polar bears, and they’re almost gone too… Which I’m not happy about, but the thing is, they’re dying out because people are encroaching into their territory and ruining the climate. They’re dying because of us.

Horse-sized ducks would just go wherever the hell they wanted and wreak havoc.

1 Like

Also, just to give the finger to Jurassic Park, a wonderful movie that got so much wrong:

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/species/v/velociraptor.html

www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/species/u/utahraptor.html

4 Likes

Ahhhhh!!! I take it back I take it back!!

runs away

3 Likes

I was getting all excited about what sort of job this might be, but then I realized I had misread the title as “Horse Dick Gladiators”, so I now I feel embarrassed as if I really were the decadent libertine most people suspect me to be.

3 Likes

I love the Frogman… I hope he gets better soon. :frowning:

1 Like

Bunnies! Cute? Are you nuts? Have you learned nothing from English history?

10 Likes

After reading this thread, I’ve concluded it’s hopeless either way and elect to curl up into a fetal position and hope which ever one it is just ignores me in its reign of terror.

6 Likes

Japanese history?

2 Likes

So it is now 50 baby Einsteins or a horse sized duck? How much did baby Hitler weigh?

2 Likes

Take the horse sized duck.
A duck which has been scaled up to the size of a horse sounds vicious, with the giant beak and wings, but it would actually be no threat at all, as a proportionately scaled up duck’s skeleton would be unable to support its weight, its huge body mass would make it unable to regulate its temperature, and its muscles could not support the giant head. In short, it would flap feebly at you until you put it out of its misery.

8 Likes

hopeless? why? I would take the role as evil overlord!

1 Like

Good point.

1 Like

Too bad about the “no weapons in the arena” qualifier. Otherwise I’d pick up a lance, hop on the duck and take on the Evil Overlord “Joust” style.

9 Likes