How a civic hacker used open data to halve tickets at Chicago's most confusing parking spot

Can one or should one call the person responsible for this a “hacker” though?

2 Likes

In many of the situations where antisocial behavior is punishable by fine, it’s preferable that people don’t commit the offense than that they incur the fine, even if they pay it.

Government is not an outside entity in opposition to the people. The point of democracy is that government is the people.

I understand that you were being sarcastic and cynical, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t part of the problem.

Wrong Superhero

2 Likes

Ah, you understood that I was being sarcastic. Perhaps you didn’t know what sarcastic meant then?
“The use of irony to mock or convey contempt” to criticize the krappy parking signs.

1 Like

All due apolpgies for putting legs and a head on that spherical cow.

3 Likes

*I can appreciate a good nerdy reference

2 Likes

So he basically lost 60,000# worth of annual income for the city? I kid, but cities look at things in this way. In vancouver BC they tried ticketing a skateboarding nun who followed the metre maid around putting dimes in nearly expired metres.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.