How can you live like this?!

It makes you unfit for the highest office in the land, apparently.

/s

OMG, this is perfect. @d_r is right: after 50 your brain just doesn’t work well anymore with names, faces, etc., especially at the moment of crisis when someone is right in front of you.

1 Like

I have preemptively warned people that I have this problem, and that if I start to introduce them to someone they are to ASSUME I can’t remember the other person’s name and say something like “I’m chgoliz’s friend X…” and let the other person respond directly to them.

But I like @Jilly’s suggestions. Not everyone remembers to jump in like that, so I need backup plans.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that it seems to be worst among those who have grown up in car-centered communities. If you’ve never had to share public space with others while en route to something, you’re not going to understand how to navigate a pedestrian route.

1 Like

Is this it?
Because MrPants cannot walk through a crowd, and I zip right through and usually leave him behind.
But he drives, a lot for work, and I don’t drive, never have. And he has the worst spatial awareness. I’m constantly moving him out of the way of other people, and he does this thing where he walks almost backwards, like looking back the way he came instead of looking where he’s going and invariably walks into the path of other people. Its mind boggling to me…

1 Like

What do other people seem to accept as part of life that you personally cannot tolerate?

Living the way a society has been living. I am not pointing out to any particular society though. But i think people living without implementing any change is what i cannot tolerate.
Let change be the only constant and enjoy life.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.