How do I handle people who have a bad opinion of me?

Yes, please, is this true?

Well if it is, heā€™ll likely be reading the comments.
ā€¦So cā€™mon dude. Just play nice. Itā€™s all that matters.

oh jeez, I read another of his articles. Took all my focus not to leave a negative comment about a flawed premiseā€¦

It could just be that penile amputation seemed like really good click bait.

1 Like

Wait, in the comments on a post titled how to deal to deal with hate, and Iā€™m asking why is this here, and then wanna know if it is paid to be included, and now you respond by suggesting Iā€™m being mean to the author who must be reading along,(your welcome) Well, he must know how to deal with me, heā€™ll ignore me, label me, or something else he wrote about in some of the many many comment or postsā€¦

The point though, more, and more, it feels off. I feel like it is trying to sell me something that is bad for me but you think is good for you, but really is just bad for you too, and that and that other thing, and that too.

Really, hi, responses inn this thread I iimagine the many many scenarios of engagement that happen, and really wow,bravo, Iā€™ve engaged, on this kinda off scenarioā€¦

Really I care, I care about having clicked to read this thing to continue the thoughts on this subject about social interaction secrets, and am almost offended, just like in the writing. I have parallels in my life, and that upsets me, i m upset to be similar in that way. And I feel that that tearing down, that violent passive aggression, calls out for same treatment, but like a sick game, it practices waiting for the next fight to win, screaming how much fun heā€™s having, inn your ear, or in your absence.

Itā€™s like spiteful, and if if this is my interpretation of spite as response, then it belongs in the bad opinion section of this post. Handle me. But again, if you address me, answer me if this was paid to be posted? Like an ad? Otherwise,pixel, nice to meet you, like the attitude of helpe blocker, or defender, or whatever, but asking a question whose answer might seem revealingly embarrassing, well, I say, thatā€™s a tactic of the terrible to hide in the silence of nobility. I just happen to be at the iPad for a bit, and thinking about the the bullying or abuser and abused, and strength power energy relationships on the one on one, masses, the local, the omni, i also donā€™t know, other than that I know I donā€™t know, and that makes difference, that you can sort of smell.

Sorry if this got long for a reply to a reply to a reply, I probably could go on for a while, but without hitting that critical marker turning it into. Short story, or my gosh, novel, well,perhaps it is too soon to finish my comment.

Ah, ok, More fuel to the fire? ,ā€¦,., nah, something elseā€¦

Sorry if that wasnā€™t nice

Couldnā€™t understand a word.
When I said ā€œā€¦So cā€™mon dude. Just play nice. Itā€™s all that matters.ā€ I was talking to the James Altucher, the author of the article.

1 Like

Hmm - how much does this cost?

Ok, got it,so your not j altucher. And the request to take it easy was at him not me, or my comment. Got it

Or pay

You think someone posting here actually knows?

3 Likes

Seriously, sorry, it s all jerky

But seriously, confusing article is confusing.

And to those that think it may be paidā€¦ After the brouhaha over sponsored listings, canā€™t we give them the benefit of the doubt?

Ignore them. Easiest to do, lowest in resource consumption, with bonus chance to piss them off.
You canā€™t make everybody happy. Stop trying. If somebody disapproves, itā€™s their problem.

If somebody disapproves itā€™s their problem.

If everybody disapprovesā€”including your closest family and friendsā€”then it might be your problem.

6 Likes

What if everybody disapproves of some subset and nothing on the subsets is fully overlapping?

If thereā€™s enough overlap that most people still have a bad opinion of you then Iā€™d say itā€™s time to work on the whole gestalt approach.

Then you may be trapped in a logic puzzle.

3 Likes

Oh he does feel that way. He has talked about it before, like when he upset his daughter once with a blog post, he took full responsibility, realized it was inappropriate, and took the blog post down. He is fully aware of his faults and has talked about them on many occasions on his podcast. How well do you know James Altucher? If itā€™s only from this one article, your opinion of him seems a bit hasty.

Well, perhaps you should! I find much of his advice useful, and on his podcasts in particular he shares ways to help people live better lives. Not just general self-help stuff but specific recommendations. Altucher has had a lot of success but also many failures, and he is open about these as well as his personal failings (he even discussed once his elaborate suicide plans that he obviously never went through with). I find his style very direct and honest and helpful.

1 Like