How Hayek bred a race of elite monsters

Oh, okay. I thought so, but my brain also read your response as somewhat hostile… sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant.

The bible is a very useful book for keeping people in line, especially if you ignore all that weirdo stuff in the middle in red print.
Seems to me that a great many thinkers of this sort were dead on accurate in their portrayal of the evils of the other side, and just as wrong in their prescription to cure or prevent those evils. Marx comes to mind, he was dead on in his portrayals of the actual and potential evils of capitalism, his ideas about how to prevent or correct them were at least as bad if not worse. (Or at least the horrifically impractical twisted versions of them that people tried out as systems of government.)
Seems that we should focus not on some golden ideal that would be just or fair, but some kind of practical self-regulating form of society that functions well and adjusts to change, but I’m sure that would be boring and complicated and I can’t figure out how to get rich off the idea, so I’m not writing that book.

1 Like

This seems relevant:

http://www.frontporchrepublic.com/?p=734

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.