How hip hop can teach you to code

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Ah, but is it Turing complete? Can we build SkyNet out of it? (Or did Bootsy Collins already do that?)

I choose not to listen to hiphop and have a strong dislike for hip hop for very complicated reasons.

You must be fun at parties.

4 Likes

I really liked this. I’m fascinated by the interconnectedness of creativity and structure.

3 Likes

i liked the part in the middle, I thought it was really strong and complex.

7 Likes

I’ve been learning about computers thanks to rap and hip hop for years.

Like this…

1 Like

Also:

3 Likes

You beat me to it, but mine’s animated! So there! And I added a 50 cent/Capt. Picard drive by!!!

Beat that Banana man!!! :wink:

4 Likes

Sure. Just not parties that play hiphop.

3 Likes

No place on the podium for second.

2 Likes

Did you learn that from hiphop, because some people don’t like hiphop… for very complicated reasons, I hear.

2 Likes

There are a lot of strong takes.

2 Likes

There is a certain similarity between the sampling common to hip hop and code reuse. I also notice there’s a lot of us in IT / CS that favor creative commons licensing, so draw a connection there to FOSS. Yeah, I can see this.

2 Likes

This must have been what Steve Jobs was referring to when he said, “The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products.”

They must be incredibly complicated to dismiss a wide, diverse genre of music with mulitple voices and messages. But hey, I’m sure somebody will roll up and ask you why eventually. lol

1 Like

I’m down with OOP…yeah you know me.

5 Likes

Is there anything that can’t teach you to code?

Not on this blog!

Was the year and a half long gap between your first and second comments also for very complicated reasons?

1 Like

It teaches nothing about coding well. NEXT!