How housewives configured with PERCEPTION ANALYZERS decide what music gets on the radio

What it made me think of was some friends of mine who once arranged a local “mental marathon” for charity which involved listen to Motorhead’s The Ace of Spades for 8 hours.

Also, did you know that you can get Desert Bus from the iTunes app store? Hooray!

2 Likes

Also available for Android. (It might have been the first game I installed on my Nexus 5…)

Country music too…
http://www.npr.org/2015/01/09/376145745/you-know-exactly-what-these-six-country-songs-have-in-common

4 Likes

I bought it the moment it went on sale. Never played it. Presumably never will. I am happy with my purchase.

3 Likes

Very good review, insightful and entertaining. Would read again 10/10

2 Likes

Wow. Programmers, man. They’re a different breed entirely. From the WP page:

This Malbolge program displays “Hello World!”, with both words capitalized and exclamation mark at the end.

1 Like

Looks like Perl on mushrooms.

2 Likes

1 Like

Brilliant!

At some level I knew there was a huge degree of formulaic similarity in that sort of music, but it wasn’t until I listened to the video you posted that I would have believed how seamlessly they can be interwoven as a medley, much less just laid down on top of each other as simultaneous tracks.

1 Like

Malbolge is for showoffs.

Real esoprogrammers use whitespace.

Most modern programming languages do not consider white space characters
(spaces, tabs and newlines) syntax, ignoring them, as if they weren’t there.
We consider this to be a gross injustice to these perfectly friendly members
of the character set. Should they be ignored, just because they are invisible?
Whitespace is a language that seeks to redress the balance. Any non whitespace
characters are ignored; only spaces, tabs and newlines are considered syntax.

Here’s a sample program in whitespace:

(aaaargh, BBS is eating the markup!)

The vast majority of housewife-programmers configured with PERCEPTION ANALYZERS code in whitespace, this is a known fact that I just made up.

2 Likes

Relevant…

Maroon Five is also guilty of this: Maroon Five – “She Will Be Loved”

3 Likes

I had forgotten about that video, thank you for linking it!

The same group exposes (in song) the formula for writing a love song and that is also great!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.