How musicians die

Drugs & Travel.
Great name for an album.

1 Like

music is a mortal profession. RIP MIchael Hedges (car wreck on hwy 128, Mendocino co.)

1 Like

The BB store is writing novels now? Seriously guys, that’s impressive and all but I think you need to reign it in before it goes all SkyNet.

5 Likes

Yeah. The whole post is like an ad for the author’s novels. When writers do something like this, I appreciate it if they shed light on their subject, which they can do because they’ve written about it. Instead of just providing a grocery list.

1 Like

Oh come now. Most musicians die in obscurity after re-forming the band and doing the county fair circuit.

2 Likes

Actually Jim Morrison died of a heroin overdose.

-1 for alcohol

+1 for smack.

1 Like

Elvis, too.

1 Like

I’ve been looking into it, and I’ve actually discovered that given enough time, virtually every profession has a 100% mortality rate!

5 Likes

Still, a slight edge up on the ads for random crap from Amazon.

1 Like

Death is the ultimate career move. I’ve been working on this topic for the last few years too with my book The Ultimate Career Move. It seems to be a topic of recent years with lots of previously massive pop stars becoming more respected and selling more records in death. Michael Jackson was regarded as being “a bit weird” up to his death, and then suddenly all crimes are forgiven. Amy Winehouse was regarded as a bit of a joke by many towards the end of her life, and now considered one of the greatest jazz muscians of her era. Didn’t quite work that way with Whitney Houston though. Well, that’s just my opinion on the whole debate.

1 Like

If you want to be a star, you’ve got to kill yourself, man

GLC are always on form. They don’t name check their fellow countryman Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers. The Manics’ career has improved since his passing…

1 Like

IIRC the sales jump just after a musician dies is known as the “coffin bounce”.

Alcohol and heroin act synergistically, and I’d be very surprised if Jim hadn’t had a drink that day.

Alcohol amplifies the effects and dangers of all opiates, doesn’t it? And also near-opiates like hydrocodone?

They’re both respiratory depressants, and each enhances the other.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.