How PDF Expert is changing the way we work with PDFs

I tried looking up the other day if there was a way to “save session” in Adobe Reader or Adobe Pro – such that if you have a whole bunch of PDFs open, and your PC crashes one way or another (or you just need to log off in a hurry), you can quickly open the same bunch of PDFs and pick up where you left off.

All I could find were large numbers of people over the years complaining that the feature was missing. (And one guy who had the nerve to charge $50 for his plugin.) :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sometimes I miss my LetraSet days.

8 Likes

That’s all it was ever meant to be. PDF was supposed to be a way for people to send stuff that was meant to be printed without having to worry about fonts and whatnot. And the fact that it is hard to edit was a deliberate choice: PDF was supposed to be the format for read only, for making it impossible to edit.

5 Likes

ANd you were supposed to use Display Postscript for ordinary graphics tasks.

officially, PDF/A fills that role.

1 Like

That’s because you’re using it for what it was actually designed for!

But I’m still never going to use an. Adobe product if I can avoid it, and luckily I usually can :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can’t imagine how happy I was to discover that I could stamp my scanned signature on forms using the OSX Viewer.

The fact that they force you to use your webcam to take a picture of your signature instead of using an existing file (WTF???) only slightly reduced my happiness.

Have you tried dragging and dropping a jpeg of your signature on the pdf?

I dunno, after years of Quark mentally and physically abusing it’s customers, Adobe doesn’t seem to bad… :wink:

2 Likes

Wait, which Quark?

2 Likes

Nothing nearly so fun!

2 Likes

SY355

3 Likes

As a publisher, I’m with you. Uploading native Quark files to press, then InDesign, was/would be a freaking nightmare.

1 Like

SumatraPDF has that on by default. Sometimes it surprises me because I forgot I was in the middle of something and had 12 files open. At least it’s fast. It doesn’t do editing or potentially malicious scripts though. I used to use Foxit for filling out forms and stuff, nowadays I mostly just print them out, fill them in with pen, and scan 'em back in like a dinosaur. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wow, that second one is new to me, the downside (or maybe upside) to not having a TV at the time. I love the cast, but Buck Henry is capable of both brilliance and complete rubbish. Is it worth seeking out?

I sort of vaguely remember it being on TV, but nothing of the actual show, sorry. Very much agree about the cast!

Three quarks for Muster Mark!

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me.

(Note: I said “OSX Viewer” above but I meant Preview. As far as I can tell, Preview does not accept dragging images onto PDFs.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.