How the TPP will gut environmental protection

Well that’s playing the man, not the ball.
Nik’s greatest sin is that, rather than apply his considerable intelligence to the subject at hand, he’s chosen to spend his day crapping up this post and others with canned talking points on a barely related topic.
I wouldn’t care that he were Scott Adams himself, if he only had something original to add to the discussion.

@NikFromNYCeeeee

You’re a trolley precisely because you’re derailing this thread into a predictable climate change stoush and distracting everyone from the actual point, which is the dismantling of national sovereignty in favour of a corporatocracy.

Have anything to say about that?

2 Likes

Interestingly, it’s not the first time he’s been accused of using that exact tactic:

Yeah, didn’t think so.

1 Like

‘Nik’ almost certainly feels he is providing some kind of service here.
And in some respects he is correct. I have to concede that the kind of pranksterism he is aiming for would be commendable if he could spark any kind of actual debate or cause any outcome other than to attract calls of trolling.

Which is his other point. And why so many references to his multiple scholarly achievements ('cause hyper intelligence is instant credibility whether you like it or not). He means to hide what little point he can make under layers of actual trolling.

I mean. I’m not glad he’s here but he’s at least not your run-of-the-mill nutcase.

1 Like

And so I submit to you, Exhibit A, which shall henceforth be refferred to as ‘proof that @NikFromNYCeeeee can only make arguments against hyperbolic interpretations of what others experience in consensus reality’.

Quote 1. What could be this withering barb, this deathly curse?

Quote 2. Surely an utterance of dark malice and evil. Eviiiiiil!

Quote 3. A succinct opinion, drawn in no way from the transference of that mind state which is reflected upon him by all participants in consensus reality.

So, this mind-numbing call for violence?

WOW!
Just. Wow. Kimmo must absolutely NOT mean to take up the very same metaphorical arms as he must not be implying the scumbag elite are employing.

Must he not?
People in consensus reality?

2 Likes

Every debate I’ve witnessed over the last ten years with any sort of right/left tinge to it can be condensed to:

“We must stay the course- NAY, we must hammer down! It is the only way!”

vs.

“Wait… What?!”

It’s easy to get frustrated.

1 Like

I’m clearly a menace to us all…

Someone should report me to the Proper Authorities, who always do what’s best for us.

Actually, here we’re getting to the crux of the matter… anyone care to join me in discussing the single most important issue facing us all?

For a long time it was possible to convince yourself that the poor were merely collateral damage on the sidelines while the fat cats duked it out for the biggest slice of the pie, but I posit that interpretation is getting a bit implausible these days.

We should take it more personally than that. This class of filthy scumbags who’ve inherited and usurped our right to self-determination over the decades and centuries has almost always demonstrated that conferring extreme power and privilege on someone is a recipe for an absolute arsehole who commits heinously venal atrocities easy as breathing, and have generally regarded the man in the street as somewhere between cattle and vermin. Not that this wasn’t a necessary stage in evolution or anything, but these days it’s getting beyond a joke…

Machiavelli et al beat the path way back, and in the 19th and the first half of the 20th centuries we saw some vast progress in the field of epic cunthood, but that was just uncoordinated thrashing next to the symphony of evil that was to evolve out of it… the handful of policy institutes existing at that time were joined by numerous others in a think tank boom post WWII. Sinister concoctions such as the RAND Corporation got into full swing applying the scientific method to the business of dominion, spreading their taint through the body politic with hitherto unknown efficacy.

As the scum became more and more empowered, their sense of entitlement to our birthrights grew exponentially along with the technology that enabled them to continue disenfranchising us, leading to the astonishing, staggering, gobsmacking bulding trickle of new definitions of the zenith of hide and gall we have today. The policy institutes have networked and coordinated and conglomerated, these front organisations for the world’s worst scum, and now here we are, where they’re virtually dictating policy to governments, who ever more euphemistically ‘represent’ us.

They want it all, and naturally they want you to have nothing - in fact less than nothing. They want everything to be a zero-sum game in which the other party has a negative amount, just so they can have complete assurance that nobody ever has more than them, these tiny-minded blind fucks. They don’t mind crippling the very definition of Humanity, poisoning the entire biosphere, or even threatening our very fucking survival, as long as they can add another feather to their 39 fucking petafeather nests, the utter, utter cunts.

So, hey, if someone can indeed devise an actually effective means of bringing brutal, shredding, gleeful violence upon some of these scum, I’m all for it. Reckon you’ll need more than a bit of luck to crack that one, though.

Once again, @william_holz’s Co-operNation is the only hope I’ve seen.

2 Likes

[clapping Orson Welles]

2 Likes

Sorry, I can’t parse your reference.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ah, ta. I’d never realised that gif was Mr Welles.

So, anyway, was that rant sufficient to drag this thread back on topic?

1 Like

Yes, him as Citizen Kane.

Rosebud. Rosebud. Spoiler: it’s the sled.

1 Like

Hey, don’t give me spoilers as you remind me there’s a classic movie I haven’t got around to watching!

Anyway, back to the elite scum. Does anyone think there’s a way we don’t have to continue grabbing our ankles for the parasitic filth?

1 Like

Stop grabbing your ankles? (I don’t mean to be snide, but seriously, the Waltons didn’t become billionaires down the barrel of a gun)

1 Like

Proof that the caffeine isn’t doing the trick: I had to think about that a second, as my first reaction was “I don’t remember that episode.”

1 Like

I have to stop replying to Kimmo posts. He’s gotten me 3 times so far.

The best way to overcome misanthropic pessimism is hanging out with a pessimistic misanthrope

Remember the one where John-Boy nearly gets immolated by the Hindenberg? My personal fave.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.