How to Be a Math Genius - Illustrated examples to show your kid the power, beauty, and joy of math

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/01/how-to-be-a-math-genius-illu.html

3 Likes

I’m waiting for “How to kidnap a math genius”.

1 Like

Hey Mark, I think you and I each have a daughter that are close in age. I appreciate when you post stuff like this. I pay attention and many times, I follow up with my own girl with the ideas you share or other ideas that are sparked by what you post. Thanks for that, sincerely.
RobJ in San Jose

2 Likes

Same here, my daughter is a year younger then his and I’ve loved following their awesome adventures as an inspiration for my own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Two other math book recommendations (for others, I think your daughter probably has her own ideas by now)

For older ones (“tween” maybe, teen probably) - I like The Nature and Frowth of Modern Mathematics. It has short bios/stories of many famous mathematicians along with explanations of some of their important work; for one example Galois who was challenged to a duel and spent the night before writing down everything he could of his math work… I found it fascinating. I’m not sure it comes up to current times, but I still love it.

For another, possibly more dated thing, that is quick, try finding the ‘Mathematics’ volume of the Time-Life Science Library.

a7f7c78366a69e3300d3c43baf0f3848_phixr

1 Like