How to change your IP Address from Static to Dynamic

Even in this case it wouldn’t change every time. It would just change as you swap out the mac address.

I have found it worthwhile to change the address on occasion but the idea of all the time would be annoying as hell.

I guess this is the new NextGenHacker101

1 Like

Add to that: MAC addresses normally don’t change for a reason: address collisions suck and break your local network (in this case at least to your ISP edge equipment), so each device is supposed to be born with a unique one.

So in summary: this video shows you how to spoof your MAC address as a means of avoiding bans in online games. Brilliant.

2 Likes

I’m no ISP shrill, but by having all their customers being assigned IPs dynamically sounds vastly easier from their end: no need to maintain MAC-to-IP lists at their end; less pissed off customers who replace their router and won’t get an IP; less handling of calls from said customers having to register new routers; etc.?

As long as their DHCP pool is large enough to handle all their active connections (in dial-up days, small pools could handle large intermittently-connected modes, but nowadays the pool is likely close to the # of customers), there’s no much work involved at their end. Nor their customers end, since every device I’ve seen is expecting dynamically assigned IPs from the ISP.

Note: I manage my “household” network, not an ISP. I barely know what I’m talking about. No warranty expressed or implied…

This.  

2 Likes

This is a terrible tutorial! Why does the video keep floating around and zooming in and out? It’s really awful to try to watch. You can get the same information, much more quickly by just searching Stack Exchange.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.