How to defeat Keurig 2.0's DRM with scotch tape

As I recall-- and mind you, I’m not a Keurig user, k-cups are asymmetrical, with a flat side and a curved side. While this asymmetry was not strictly necessary before, the Keurig 2.0 has a shaped well for the K-cup. Thus, some of the refillable cups won’t fit-- even the machine is debugged.

I agree 100%. I also do pour over coffee, and it makes a great cup (i’m an admitted coffee snob) and is much cheaper then k-cups, less wasteful, you can use freshly ground coffee, and it is the easiet method ever, including cleanup. plus I make much larger mugs then the k-cups allow. who drinks those tiny coffee’s anyway? what are they, coffees for ants?

i compost my grounds and they are the best thing ever for the garden soil.

k-cups, are soooo much more expensive per cup, only make small cups of coffee, and are so wasteful packaging wise. the only application i can see where they make sense, is hotels or business waiting rooms, but they usually opt for some cheaper off brand system in my experience.

1 Like

3d-print a new well. Or use a part cut from a salvaged no-brand coffee maker. Or if the block of material is thick and solid enough, dremel it into shape.

Valid objections. Speed bumps, not show-stoppers.

Or simply use a refilable cup that’s the right shape.

1 Like

How about a hack that doesn’t even require that much? Have a screwdriver and something to cut a wire with?

6 Likes

Very elegant.

Keurig engineer after gruelling fifteen month development project: D’oh!

1 Like

Looks like you bought at least one extra machine to tinker with. Were you mad at yourself when you figured out how simple it was? :wink:

1 Like

I just bought the one. I’m going to need to get another to tinker, since my wife is using the one we have.

I don’t drink coffee myself, so I bought it to hack. She does, and since we have one, she’s going to use it :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.