How to disable the annoying Bixby button on Samsung phones with a gold plug

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/11/how-to-disable-the-annoying-bi.html

3 Likes

Bixby button?

17 Likes

I just have a slim case and removed the pass-through button. Problem solved.

3 Likes

I’m not even clicking that video. I’ll betcha a dollar he has that irritating cute YouTube Voice.

2 Likes

I went with FlexSeal. It comes with the added bonus of waterproofing and grippiness!

2 Likes

I always thought it would be funny if Siri type features showed emotion escalation until they berate you for missing a turn. Imagining it going from Bill Bixby’s calm voice to the Hulk would make me miss turns all day long.

4 Likes

That sucks.

For those who have an S8 or S9, turning off that irritating little fucker is easy…

3 Likes

Find all the little cute work-arounds you can think of, but know this: eventually tech companies are gonna force AI down your throat one way or another! They paid for it, suffered through the engineering and coding headaches, and now you’re gonna share in the pain! Wahahahahaha!

Bixby is the single most annoying thing about my S9+, but I think it’s a shame to disable the button entirely. I now have it remapped to turn on my flashlight with a long press and trigger the “back” button with a short press, which is downright useful.

I have notes on it somewhere, if anyone is curious let me know and I’ll post them. But all easily figured out with a little google fu.

2 Likes

I guess no one told this guy about the free app bxActions, which allows you to repurpose the Bixby button. Mine now triggers the camera. smh

3 Likes

Yeah, bxActions is the way to go

1 Like

If I don’t have any spare gold laying about (because c’mon it’s so gauche), can I use some platinum? Or maybe have the jeweler polish up one of those little chips from when they cut my 15 carat blue diamond? I mean, that’d at least be cute and not reek of “new money”.

3 Likes

Why not use some radium? That way you can use it like a flashlight at night without draining the battery!

3 Likes

Ow, my sperm.

1 Like

Kintsugi kit

You know there’s an app in the store (free or 3 dollars paid) that disables it and let’s you remap it?

Why the heck would you buy one of these in the first place? Samsung phones are the most overpriced on the market. One can get an android phone with similar specs for much less cash and not have to worry about disabling the crappy “features” present on Samsung’s devices.

I thought that’s Apple’s niche?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.