How to do like this $2,500,000 wristwatch? "This look like a Burger King watch"

I guess “tourbillon” is French for “gullible”. Looks like something I saw at Hot Topic in the early 2000’s. Fool, his money, etc.

6 Likes

I think it comes in a Cracker Jack box made of gold leaf.

4 Likes

For US$3.5 Mil you would think it would have a gyrotourbillion.

2 Likes

Some of the comments are surprisingly informative.

That’s a ten million percent markup for what is essentially the same product manufactured in a way to make it look cheaper.

19 Likes

9 Likes

Hey, are throwables ok again? Great, get me one, too.

4 Likes

If it had numerals, it would be 24000% cheaper. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

WTF?!?! This is making less sense by the moment. I’m not a huge fan, but Richard Mille is a real Swiss watch manufacturer that has its fans. Are they really knocking off chintzy (IMHO) $25 skull watches? Was this done as a joke? Is the whole thing a joke, and it doesn’t really exist? Color me super confused.

1 Like

The twitter comments are hilarious. But, for some reason, “Looks like it’s only worth $10” really hit me, I think because it’s something my mother would say. She’s a blunt one.

4 Likes

Seems more likely that the $25 skull watch is a cheap Chinese knockoff of the same Richard Mille design that this sapphire monstrosity is based on, but I’m not familiar with either brand so anything is possible.

7 Likes

Oh, hah, that does make some level of sense. :smiley:

I mean, a few of them are less than horrible, but geez, this reminds me why I never liked Richard Mille’s stuff. So many of them are just ugly IMHO:

1 Like

I hear that they bring all the boys to yard.

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

You owe me a coke.

2 Likes

I think it is “All Day”; so can’t you just grab a top up?

2 Likes

The $25 quartz movement knockoff probably keeps better time than the $2.5 million dollar mechanical original. :-/

2 Likes

Well, almost certainly – but this is true when it comes to comparing the accuracy of any quartz or electronic watch, vs. any handmade mechanical watch, no matter its price.

2 Likes

That product line looks like someone decided to apply the “downmarket gamer bling” aesthetic to mechanical watches.

Only missing RGB LEDs.

4 Likes

Shit like this is why so many of the world’s richest people simply cannot be trusted to do anything worthwhile with their money and need to be forcibly divested of that shit so normal human beings can have normal human lives.

10 Likes

It might be the finest piece of horological engineering inside but, boy, has it been hit with the ugly stick! Lack of legibility is a thing.

2 Likes