How to find a book without knowing the actual title

On the other hand, the interim director (likely it will become permanent) of my library started out decades ago as a volunteer. She stayed, and worked up the ranks. I guess she went to university a!ong the way, but can’t remember. Always the same library.

Ithkught itwas more common to have a mix, actual librarians who had studied for the role, supplemented by others.

And don’t get me started on the inconsistencies in the subject headings, which other library systems are constrained to use. I sometimes think they come back from a liquid lunch and add headings willy-nilly; don’t drink and catalogue, people!

With the name Michael Black, I assume that library is the Jill Schwartz Memorial Library.

Oh that guy.

There are a lot of imposters. Note even Michael Ian Black knows he has to include his middle name.

It’s incredibly common, one time I even saw a post from someone with the same name where I regularly posted. I thought "it’s from me, but I didn’t write that. ". Another time I noticed that I got a thanks in the credits of “Kiss of the Spider Woman”.

But I had to do a search to find that library reference.

what about searching a full text index, and hoping that your search terms aren’t generic. Sometimes I hate to use Gallica-- “generalities” doesn’t narrow it down at all

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.