How to "fix" a Canon printer with a giant hand-made hammer

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/28/how-to-fix-a-canon-printer.html

1 Like

It’s like Primitive Technology but with sweet iron age/steel age hand tools.
Oh and (spoiler alert!) he performs a ‘consumer adjustment’ or ‘inexact expedient’ a la Office Space. That POS got what it deserved!

4 Likes

You know, I always wondered how I could get my hands on a giant mallet like the weapon harley quinn uses.
I guess I can make my own now, candy striping and all!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that violates Canon’s DRM.

12 Likes

No hammer needed…

http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cute-office-space-printer-gif-930.gif

9 Likes

It’s not that complicated. The hard part is making sure your materials are going to stand up to the stress of use.

3 Likes

Ron Swanson approved.

4 Likes

This video is a vivid demonstration of tools that you can rely on and those you cannot.

8 Likes

The three rules…
If it isn’t working hit it.
If that doesn’t work get a bigger hammer.
If it can’t be fixed it isn’t broken!

4 Likes

I realise overkill is the intent, but I would’ve just taken a cue ball in a gym sock to it.

2 Likes

Almost thought this was the sound track

here for exactly this

1 Like

The make-the-mallet portion was extremely soothing. And then there was the violence, which was also soothing but in a very different way.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Will it work on HP printers too?

4 Likes

The ink stains on the mallet were a nice finish to the video :slight_smile:

1 Like

I came here for the Office Space copier assassination, and I have not been disappointed!

5 Likes

I did that with an epson 777, but the gratification was only temporary. It came back to haunt me. pieces began to turn up in impossible places so I burned them. That wasn’t as gratifying as originally hitting it w/ a splitting maul, in fact I worried that it might need a serious exorcism but so far it’s worked. Actually I think it was crows leaving shiny stuff on my porch (they think the cat food is for them & trade me stuff for it). Yeah I’m definitely sure it was crows.

1 Like

Spider fleeing the destruction of it’s home at 6:52 to 6:56 really sold it.

1 Like

PC Load Letter, what the fuck does that mean?

The more appropriate track:

2 Likes