How to make a 3D printed belt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/25/how-to-make-a-3d-printed-belt.html

3 Likes

Read that as 3D printed butt.

4 Likes

No clip for a Batarang? This lacks utility (…belt)

6 Likes

very chic. very future.

2 Likes

… in a kinda 1970ies way.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the 70s’ future

Looks a lot nicer than my duct tape belt, so that’s a plus I guess.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Prolly only works if you’re a skinny dude who doesn’t really need the mechanical strength of a real belt.

Very cool look. I want one as a bandolier.

3 Likes

Then you have cheap plastic belt that likely will only contribute to the plastic waste problem. This would likely be neat if used for cosplay reasons but as a practical thing i’ll stick to regular belts.

2 Likes

Would like to see a strength test.

Yep, and it’s not like real belts are particularly difficult to make…

(see every summer camp leatherworking class that I’ve ever attended…)

1 Like

I haven’t watched the video yet but I’ll take a wild guess and say you 3D-print it.

2 Likes

There’s more than a few belt models over at Thingiverse, not to mention various link patterns that could be extended to a belt if you add some sort of buckle or latch in CAD.

True. That belt isn’t doing anything for that fella other than making others aware he has access to a 3D printer. It certainly ain’t holding up his pants.

1 Like

Really? For holding up pants? or holding something else? First, you have to make a model in CAD and use in the 3D printing machine.

You can also print a 3D printing machine in 3D printing machine by 3D printing machine model. :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.