How to make bland, soulless corporate music

1 Like

I started to wonder what it would be like if people stopped using corporate music in corporate videos. I made this, using his video and my (and my friends’) music. I kind of like it:

5 Likes

The vid was good, not gonna lie.

Like every youtube video ever.

You may not know him, but you’ve heard some of the crap he produced.

1 Like

The other key trope was increased intensity without development: forte or new layers of instrumentation but always that same unchanging progression.

2 Likes

Like that John Zorn recording that’s just Yamatsuka Ai* yelling for two minutes on a loop and then they loop over another copy of the yelling, and continue do that until by the end of the eleven minute piece there are eight layers of yelling? (I really wish I could find this online, but it’s burned into my memory from when a friend played it for me in highschool)

Oh, not like that?

* I googled to check that I was spelling the name right, but apparently Yamataka/Yamantaka/Yamatsuka Ai/Eye/Tetsuro (or “DJ pica pica pica”) has been though a lot of names.

3 Likes

Or Alvin Lucier’s “in a room”? *

• I always spelt it eye
1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was credited as “Yamatsuka Ai” on the tape my friend had, but then my friend’s tape was a blank cassette tape with names written on it in marker, so who knows? The wikipedia page has a lot of names and spellings and then says, “and other pseudonyms”

I took the time to look at a bit more on Tantacrul’s channel; he’s a pro composer and I’m learning heaps (which isn’t hard given my high-school/not quite a minor level of musical education). I’m finding his style and exposition good… I’ll stick up for him on this one, he really knows his stuff.

1 Like

peep-show-hans-coldplay-nazis

7 Likes

I love Super Hans.

3 Likes

We all love Super Hans! Je suis Super Hans! (Okay, maybe not, he’s kind of a drug-addled dick!).

2 Likes

This my mood music

1 Like

But Super Hans is a lovable drug-addled dick! Unlike the in-real-life kind.

1 Like

Indeed! He’s quite lovable!

peep-show-superhans-how-doing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.