How to make trippy fluid art with a few simple supplies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/01/how-to-make-trippy-fluid-art-w.html

1 Like

This is a super cool technique, but I’d like to know more about it. On this video, she doesn’t really explain what her pouring medium is (except to say “NO SILICONE”), but in other videos, she most definitely uses silicone as part of the mix.

1 Like

Look at the description on her video. It leads to another video where she explains her pouring medium and how she mixes it.

I’ve recently begun playing with fluid painting and there are no rules. Some people use silicone, some don’t. Some use expensive paints, some use cheap paints. The idea is to play around and find what works for you.

That’s exactly what I did, and in her explanation video she adds silicone to each paint jar, but in the video linked above, uses a different unspecified non-silicone mixture. Seems like either one works great.

So… the only difference is that she doesn’t add silicone. Exact same mixture, no silicone.

The silicone helps with the production of cells.

Cool, thank you! Neither the video or the description state that, so I wasn’t sure, not having any experience with the technique.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.