How To: play Vlad Taltos in an RPG

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/15/valabars-game-table.html

4 Likes

The only real answer to this questions is don’t. Just like you shouldn’t be playing Drizzt Do’urden.

7 Likes

Looks like this sheet was generated under 2nd Edition rules (probably a long time ago). Could use an update to the current 5e.

Been a long time since reading any of the Taltos books. I should check the library for some; Brust is a fun writer.

5 Likes

With a name like Vlad and he isn’t a vampire? I am disappoint.

I just fell into a Vampire 5e game, and reliving my angsty late teens. I’m still a Malkavian, but with the elaborate backstory he’s probably one of the most interesting characters I’ve ever made. I have a like 3 pages typed up fleshing him out. He’s based off of those professional mourners from back in the day.

I won’t subject anyone to the whole thing here, but LMK if you want to see it in a PM.

The Taltas books should so obviously be played with GURPS, not D&D. The sorcery and witchcraft are made for it and they’re nothing like D&D magic.

3 Likes

Also needs an update for his equipment. Godslayer ain’t just a knife. sniff I miss Lady Teldra.

If you haven’t read Brust’s Taltos series, you need to binge it ASAP.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.