How to pronounce GIF

Wtf are you talking about, there ain’t a vowel innit! Pee In Gee! When I use wtf do you pronounce it wuhft!? One Internet Demerit :dromedary_camel:

5 Likes

Oh, there isn’t really a vowel since the I is silent (as is the P, while the ng is nasalized).
I hope the creators some day announce that it’s pronounced phung.

4 Likes

I think @OtherMichael should rename this thread to “Nerd words that were never meant to be pronounced, but get argued over anyway”

11 Likes

how should one pronounce nwtwnmtbpbgaoa?

2 Likes

Throat Warbler Mangrove.

11 Likes

Should one pronounce nwtwnmtbpbgaoa?

2 Likes

5 Likes

The real question is how would Trump say it?

2 Likes

I remember when the Apple tools tried to convince everyone that the SCSI interface, which had been pronounced SKUZ-ee pretty much since day 1, should instead be pronounced “sexy”, because they couldn’t handle the idea that Apple is associated with anything “scuzzy”. They failed. Idiots.

9 Likes

GYOOOOOUUUF!

12 Likes

Pwh

edit: or perhaps Pwoo or Pmmmn

it is a hard fucking “G”.

15 Likes

On second thought, he’d probably say “nerd crap”.

10 Likes

“zheef” like a French “g” just because.

9 Likes

It’s not ‘/fɪɡ/’?

1 Like

Post the JIFF of it when you’re done.

“JIFFS OR IT DIDN’T HAPPEN”

9 Likes

Some people have called it nerd crap. That’s what I’ve heard. You be the judge if it is nerd crap or not. He’s lying, you know. He’s the biggest liar up here. I’m not calling him a liar; it’s just what I’ve heard. People have said he’s a big liar, so if it is nerd crap he could be lying. That’s not what I think; it’s just what I’ve heard, that he’s a liar, lying about nerd crap.

12 Likes

4 Likes

Technically, USA is an initialism. Much like BBC, CPU, and NSA.

1 Like
9 Likes