How You Like Ur Likes?

I like my Likes like I like my coffee… bitter and murky.

13 Likes

Of course not.

10 Likes

You’ve put that perfectly!

16 Likes

Look around you. All you see are sympathetic eyes. :wink:

13 Likes
11 Likes
  1. Is an awesome thing, and most of the reason I started All the Likes!

This also leads into another great reason to like something - reciprocity. If you like something I feel deserves more likes I’ll like something you feel deserves more likes.

6 Likes

Reciprocityyyyyyyy . . .

7 Likes

Sometimes I’ll like every post in a thread except the one being a jerk. I can’t give negative likes but I can raise everyone else instead.

Otherwise it’s “nice one, have a cookie!” As a firm of agreement or amusement.

13 Likes

HEY! :wink:

5 Likes

Oh god, there’s something totally pavlovian about this!

7 Likes

Now that you mention it, I’ve got a 47-liked post with actual substance…so, you know, if you were so inclined…

What the heck, right? Might as well use my new-found notoriety for something!!

7 Likes

Flagged for hacking.

6 Likes

That was a joke, right? Right???

8 Likes

I could answer that, but it would involve explaining how I use the like function and thus would derail this fine thread.

6 Likes

Its currently 49’d with my +1 - who wants to be the winner winner?

5 Likes

This reads like a euphemism. A euphemism involving disappointment.

10 Likes

And…we have lift-off! Thanks, guys!!

Getting back to the actual topic: I like my likes just fine now. I’ve gone an entire 24 hours without getting that soul-crushing notification AT ALL, let alone up to 5 times before I call it quits for the day in disgust.

11 Likes

One use of likes that I note as missing from the poll: graciously backing down from a fight. “You’re right, this was getting overly heated; my apologies. Let’s see what we can do to restructure the conversation more productively”. That’ll always get a like from me.

Basically, I use likes as “me too’s” and as a way of encouraging the sort of content and behaviour that I want to see here.

11 Likes

D’oh! And that was the one that I kept reminding myself to include, too. Let me see if I can fix this.

ETA: Sent message to Rob. Never done a poll before so if this change borks everything I’ll make sure to notify anyone and everyone via this thread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 214 days. New replies are no longer allowed.