Hugo Nominees 2016

I realize this will likely be posted on the main page later, but here it is now. Note the Vox Day Entries - can anyone else note other sad/rabid puppies in this year’s set of nominees:

6 Likes

Anything Castalia House is a Rabid Puppy nomination.

It looks like we will end up with a whole load more “No Awards” again :unamused:

It’s better that happens than the alternative though.

1 Like

From the io9 article, here’s the list of which are puppy nominations:

1 Like

3 Likes

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I CAN’T BELIEVE IT CAN YOU BELIEVE IT OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!

BEST SHORT STORY (2451 ballots)
[blah blah blah 4 boring entries]
Space Raptor Butt Invasion by Chuck Tingle (Amazon Digital Services)

#SQUEEEEEE!!!

1 Like

It appears to have been removed (dead link as of 11:54pm EST).

Weird. I think perhaps it crashed from traffic? Maybe they removed it to reduce that?

Cached version:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:d7cMVnZW74AJ:file770.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Basically, they got lots of nominations again (some stupid attempts to claim credit for things that would be there anyway, like Gaiman, Stevenson, The Martian…), but they totally took over some categories - hence Mr Tingle, and the My Little Pony nominations.

I thought @Mindysan33 had linked to this other io9 article, guess I had it open anyway.

They completely took over Best Short Story, Best Related Work, Best Graphic Story, Best Professional Artist, Best Fanzine, and Best Fancast. In Best Semiprozine, Best Fan Writer, Best Fan Artist, and Best New Writer, only one option isn’t from their slates.

2 Likes

Thanks for adding that, I was at school all day and didn’t have time to add it to the post.

Here’s Scalzi’s take on it.

4 Likes

Thanks, again!

Here’s a reason to hope Chuck Tingle wins. I bet the puppies love Zoe Quinn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 297 days. New replies are no longer allowed.