Human hair as a computer interface

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/23/human-hair-as-a-computer-inter.html

5 Likes

Medusa-approved!

Seriously though, awful music aside, I see Halloween costume possibilities.

11 Likes
ATTACK MODE ACTIVATED.

7 Likes

That Medusa too. Too bad the writing on that show was soooo poor. It was pretty well cast but the writers and director wasted the talent, IMHO.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch it after all the bad reviews but I heard the writing was so terrible that Black Bolt actually refused to say any of his lines.

6 Likes

I’ve been intentionally avoiding it, due to all the poor reception from people whose opinions I trust.

3 Likes

Wise. Wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to bother with it.

3 Likes

In my fellow nerds, I trust.

:wink:

6 Likes

A clear ripoff of Remy’s haptic hair interface from Ratatouille.

6 Likes

It’s not a bald spot, it’s a solar panel for what’s left of my computer interface.

4 Likes

I assume all the umlauts in “HäirIÖ” are there to tell you that using hair as a computing interface is a kind of hair metal.

4 Likes

I’d be more impressed if I could train my hair to do this. Or Neuromancer’s plug-in uplink.

1 Like

But also… those people seem to be having more fun than they should be allowed.
I’m against it!

My beard does this already, and I can’t control it.

2 Likes

I am filing a complaint for the deliberate misuse of umlauts in a nonsensical and unfunny way right now.

3 Likes

Good, because they can fall off and cause accidental punctuation.

3 Likes

I just hate it when that happens.
Punctuation is. tricky, enough, already.

3 Likes

Headline from the future: “Male pattern baldness cripples one half of the internet.”

3 Likes

Have we really given up on antennae, then? [sad Charlie Brown music; Michael Cera walks by red doghouse with beagle on top of it]

2 Likes