Hurray for hose bib extenders

Am I the only one who first read that as HORSE bib extenders and go “wait what”?

5 Likes

I envy you, sir. Shoveling snow (especially the 30 inches we had last year) is lame.

1 Like

We’ve had snow exactly once. A single cell that dropped about 1/4 to 3/4 in. on a swath of LA about five miles wide. Over the east Valley, up into Burbank and on into the mountains.

We were out and about in Altadena, spotted it as it approached the mountain face, chased it and caught up with it on Angeles Crest Hwy 2, climbing into the mountains. Dozens of cars stopped beside the road and people got and danced around in the falling flakes.

On the way home, we drove through Burbank, which was blanketed in white. People were building snowmen. (Little ones, but still…)

We got home before all the snow at our house had completely melted.

That’s the only time snow has actually fallen on me in the last 40 years. (-:

2 Likes

Excuse me, not all our horses are as dainty as yours!

2 Likes

I remember seeing old photos of snow surrounding the Warner Bros Studio from 1949 or 1950. Here are a few pictures from that particular snow event:

http://wesclark.com/burbank/snow.html

And remember the snow they had in Temecula a year or two ago?

1 Like

Just kill the scratchy tree (preferably with fire, just be careful of the house). Problem solved.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

The first winter after we bought our house in Toronto, the pipe to the outside tap froze and burst inside the wall. I installed a shutoff valve inside, and one of our seasonal rituals is closing that valve and removing the outside tap, leaving the pipe open.

We have many seasonal rituals.

1 Like

Heh. (-:

I’m familiar with most of those. Spent my early childhood in Ohio. Had all the ice and snow and slush I need for one lifetime.

After he moved us to Arizona, my old man used to say, “Well, no matter how hot it gets, at least I never have to shovel it off the damn porch.”

(-:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.