HYST Generic Discussion Thread

If you listen to John’s Rum Doings podcast (it’s quite good, actually), it’s clear that he’s a long term reader of BB who isn’t a fan of the amount of sponsored posts/affiliate links/Big Silicon posts. They talked about it a few episodes ago.

1 Like

Not being a fan is one thing; saying that BoingBoing is a “sad corpse” implies that it has failed and is not a going concern – that’s a traffic-based assertion.

1 Like

It’s all about ethics in games journalism.

3 Likes

Maybe he’s…disappointed with BoingBoing?

5 Likes

Maybe he is just mad all he could get was botherer.org while i hold bother.com

6 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

Did you read about that Nazi romance book mentioned in that article? Is the criticism of that what Anne Rice was upset about the other day?

2 Likes

http://giant.gfycat.com/PastHardAsiandamselfly.gif

8 Likes

Seems to be… so Anne Rice and the Rabid puppies are in agreement, it seems…

1 Like

@wrecksdart, why you gotta make me cry with laughter?
Damn, I love a good Bad Lip Reading.

3 Likes

What I’ve found today is that even when RPS is fully whitelisted in AdBlock & ABP (not sure why I have both…), I still don’t get any adverts, presumably becuase Disconnect is blocking Taboola from tracking me.

Is that the way the ad vendors work? If they can’t track you, they won’t serve anything?

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed–“Save a pretzel for the gas jets” in this one took me by surprise and had me crying. Beautiful stuff!

EDIT: Oh dear forgot the fricken link.

3 Likes

A most impressive epic dreaded mullet!

1 Like

Wow that was an understandable but regrettable bit of phrasing.

3 Likes

@crenquis Why yes, I have seen THIS! I posted it around here somewhere

2 Likes

Can’t believe that I didn’t remember the little scamps Ah yes, I was referring to the comments below the goats - the goats were just for context.

3 Likes

#CHRIST WHAT AN ASSHOLE*

* Darby, in case that’s not clear.

from HYST

That isn’t a spillway. Oh hell, that is a spillway. Holy crap.

3 Likes

re Have you seen THIS?

And in KING SIZE! Yeah my inner 12 year old would have been very amused by that.

1 Like

Nevermind the penises - where do I get one of those clear, inflatable snakes?!?!?

https://instagram.com/p/3mUM_piVLx/

No luck on aliexpress.com :frowning:

3 Likes

4 Likes