HYST Generic Discussion Thread

I miss good thrift stores. I unfortunately live in a town where most of the good stuff gets snagged early by professional resellers who run “vintage” boutique shops.

4 Likes

Seattle…thrift shop…?

5 Likes

I just can’t get into Mackelwhoever… It’s cool he does his thing and people like it though.
Also best place to find aloha shirts for cheap…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Did I ever tell you about the fuscia beret that I bought in a vintage clothing store in Minneapolis (it was the sort of beret you find in vintage clothing stores in Minneapolis).

5 Likes

Lemme guess? Ragstock? One could consistently find berets there, though rarely fushia. Perhaps it was raspberry?

5 Likes

Did you make the purchase in the Summer months?

4 Likes

Late August?

Knowing the kind of scofflaw you are, I suppose you probably entered via the exit. The exit!

6 Likes

Rasberry beret, the kind you find in a second hand store?

2 Likes

Sssshhh, nobody must know!

4 Likes

@Clifton: Yep. That was exactly it. The one thing bugging me now is I very intentionally turned SIP off when I first installed El Cap, as I generally run roughshod all over OS X as root. Not sure how a SIP update killed the ethernet. I’m not entirely sure I want to spend the time digging into it either. (One of the few reasons I own a Mac is offloading some of the administrative crap to Apple. If they keep making goofs like that, it’s becoming either a BSD or Linux laptop.)

1 Like

2 Likes

Isn’t their “DNA ‘expert’” saying it’s non-human primate, or something like that?

Is this where I confess I remain highly dubious, but still fascinated by this sort of weirdness?

3 Likes

I enjoy the weirdness of these kind of things, and enjoy the contortions that the proponents go through, “weird shaped skull, hmm, doesn’t the Bible mention Nephilim? I guess this has to prove the Bible true.” The perps of this one are a mix of crazy and scammy, though:

2 Likes

Have you lost which thread you’re in again?

Sorry, I’m amused by the melding of the questions thread with the confessions thread with this thread.

4 Likes

Beverley Cleary is still freaking alive at 99.

6 Likes

Aren’t all threads the questions thread?

3 Likes

I LOL’ed. :wink:

3 Likes

I agree that was a mistake – they sell clothing and accessories, not news – but in the company’s defense, they’ve been ahead of the curve on many things I’m sure you’d find admirable. For example, they’ve used models of all shapes, colors, and abilities for decades. When you’re looking for children’s clothing and you actually see a child modeling the apparel who looks like your child, whether that’s skin color, Downs, or merely not photogenic, it does mean something. They were among the first to do that.

5 Likes