HYST Generic Discussion Thread

I am embarrassed to admit I didn’t even notice the artwork on my badges. It seems like a huge misstep for a convention that prides itself on being inclusive and has such a strict anti-harassment policy.

BUT - ReedPop is running the con for the first time this year and so far I have really not been impressed. Their guest lineup is seriously lacking compared to prior years. I guess we’ll see. Also, I feel like I have to take them up on the badge exchange now just so I’m not brandishing that image all over the con.

6 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

Better than this…

2 Likes

Ooooh, “thanks”!

New Order’s first appearance in '83. A huge mythology had grown up about the band. As I recall, Blue Monday was in the charts for weeks and eventually when it made the top 10, TOTP couldn’t ignore it any longer. Chraracteristically, New Order refused to mime. The result was one of the worst live performances I have ever heard, with the song being played at about an eighth of its normal speed and Bernard Sumner (never the world’s greatest singer) sounding like a drowning cat.
Simon.

2 Likes

Windows only? Meh.

(I never played DotT, really should have)

2 Likes

IMHO it’s a toss-up between Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max Hit the Road as to which is the funniest computer game I ever played, but I think DotT has the edge, because all the solutions to the problems you have to solve along the way are really funny.

Also, if I’m remembering right, you have the option for not one but two of the characters to have one-sided discussions with an inanimate object (a mummy.) The really great one is Hoagie’s dialog with the mummy about its hat. This does absolutely nothing to move the game along or make anything happen. It’s just there if you want to explore it.

2 Likes

I checked and there is a Mac version on the way later, so I’ll probably be getting that. I loved the Monkey Island and Indy games but never played the other ones.

2 Likes

Breitbart, just like every other media outlet, totally misunderstand’s Trump’s appeal. Of course Cruz would play the establishment role and endorse one of the main six ponies. Trump can just continue to be the outsider and endorse Shining Armor, noting that all other candidates have chosen to endorse female ponies as if there aren’t any male ponies on the show. Next thing you know, he’s the only candidate with the guts to stand up to the pony matriarchy, which is obviously a METAPHOR FOR LIFE.

2 Likes

I was just reading that thinking if any of the sirens on the way there woke you up…

1 Like

Far enough from here that I didn’t hear anything. Kinda surprised - a big explosion a couple of miles away, you’d think I might have heard it.

2 Likes

I am close enough to 15th NE and Northgate Way that sirens are a regular thing especially with all the retirement community buildings around. But I heard nothing and I got up around 1 and more or less haven’t been back to sleep yet… which I should probably go rant about in the fuck today thread.

2 Likes

I’m across the lake so nothing over here.

3 Likes

take 2 in the right thread…
Oh I see this is Florida… Stay classy Florida…

5 Likes

Another “responsible” gun owner shot by their own gun by their own child. Imagine that.

5 Likes

Florida - So is the child being tried as an adult? Or is this stand-your-ground against his obvious dangerous mother?

5 Likes

The only thing that stops a bad mom with a gun…

4 Likes

9 Likes

Even my SO, who is nominally in favor of gun ownership, rolled his eyes hard when I told him about this. The kid could’ve just as easily shot himself. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I would have a hard time living with myself if I were in her shoes.

6 Likes

I feel badly for the kid mostly, but it is kind of hard not to poke fun at that level of just how stupid can humans be otherwise life gets too depressing. I do hope she pulls through and changes her mind on where the real dangers of gun ownership are.

6 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

I actually kinda like it

3 Likes

Yeah that looks pretty cool actually.

4 Likes