HYST Generic Discussion Thread

Are they giving it extra credit for getting something sorta passing as acting out of a bunch of Sioux City, Iowa grade schoolers? (Went to uni with the 2nd degree from a bunch of those kids, if not some of those kids.)

4 Likes

God only knows, but throughout the 80s and 90s, COTC had a richly deserved reputation as the single worst King adaptation ever made for the silver screen, including Maximum Overdrive.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s some seriously good work. Consistent high multiple spin throws are hard to begin with and that took some practice to get that down.

3 Likes

I kind of want one of those big fake turkeys! I think it would look really good in the corner of our living room.

4 Likes

If I won the lottery, wouldnā€™t my home be filled with ridiculously large and stupidly tiny items?

4 Likes

re death race 2050

if you havenā€™t see the originalā€¦ directed by Paul Bartel (of Eating Rauol)

2 Likes

Yeah, I like the original. Didnā€™t care for the Statham version much, though.

3 Likes

I still havenā€™t seen that one and the trailers made it look more like prisoner sport death race rather than a remake interesting but not anything I would have paid for. I bet the library has it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s where I got it fromā€¦

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

The comments section is a GOLDMINE

3 Likes

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

https://twitter.com/0hour1__/status/787793518492258304

@daneel - no, I HAINā€™T done seened it, because THERE IS NO THERE THERE

1 Like

Can I say that this doubling down on Russia as a great evil seems, at best, misguided? But is this an attempt by the Democrats to shift away from the anti-Islamic, war on terror rhetoric and to redirect attention elsewhere?

2 Likes

The British Democrats, using their awesome powers to compel private enterprise to do their bidding?

Well, I meant the general tone aimed at Russia, not necessarily this case of the British government doing this particular thing. But there are strong ties between the US and Britain, and given the rhetoric coming out of the US, itā€™s not surprising to see the UK jump aboard this band wagon, is it?

2 Likes

Boo :frowning:

It was someone espousing this Pamela Anderson/Julian Assange poisoning theory.

3 Likes

Interesting conversation with Mara Tam on the last Risky Business podcast. (Skip to around 25 min for the interview.)

http://risky.biz/RB431

1 Like

I can see the embedā€¦ can you link to their webpage or some such?

1 Like

Changed the link.

2 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciation!

1 Like