HYST Generic Discussion Thread

THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN OMG THANK YOU

Shut up BBS sometimes all caps is required!!

6 Likes

No, sewing isn’t required coursework until 7th grade. :wink:

4 Likes

While I like them all, I thought the Han in carbonite was a clever match…

3 Likes

THIS IS MY LIFE

6 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

Can you summarize it for those of us who have exhausted our selection of free NY Times articles? (on the first day of the month, without looking at any today? What gives?)

2 Likes

Tl;dr - white, east-european priviledge art-speak shenanigans.

To read NYT articles, copy the URL, strip out all the cruft, and search for it on Bing or Google.
NYT whitelists inbound links from search engines.

7 Likes

Besides googling the headline, I’ve had good success with using incognito/private browsing to bypass the NYT/WaPo view count limits that I exhaust almost instantly. It’s still a bit of work, but good for reading things I have enough motivation to want to see, and simpler than the google way.

5 Likes

Reminds me that I really should subscribe to some more journalism, though.

6 Likes

I really ought to subscribe to WaPo, I have been esp. impressed with them lately. The Judith Miller affair ensured I can’t ever give the NYT money.

4 Likes

Could this be some of the reason people still use the FoxFire browser?

3 Likes

GSU’s radio station (WRAS) has been having promos (is that the word) for Foxfire magazine/project. It’s an amazing project of historical preservation.

5 Likes

YOU CAN SEE THE SEARS TOWER FROM PHILADELPHIA!!!???!!!??? OMG!!! That discussion is amazing.

8 Likes

Might be impressive, but just look at the turn-out in NYC for the Hillary Clinton rally. Not an empty seat at Madison Square Garden.

7 Likes

Look at the folks running to Drumpf’s NY rally.

7 Likes

Also available in gold, unicorn, mystic and mermaid. I just have no idea why.

5 Likes

I wonder if my uncle is in that shot?

5 Likes

Starts off with this:

and after about a dozen posts, comes around to Queen B.

4 Likes

@crenquis: I could watch that fluffy cat gif all day. And I just might tomorrow.

5 Likes

Perfect target for @Mister44 to pinch off a Fett.

3 Likes

EDIT : Put this in the wrong thread… so yeah leaving this here so nobody wonders what happened.

3 Likes