HYST Generic Discussion Thread

That sucks! It looks like from what others said, the cost of this house has gone way down (because WHAT?!?!?), but even so, the cost of housing stock must be pretty high in CT right now.

2 Likes

my original comparison to my jandek collection was deliberately chosen because, although it would be distracting to live in a house like that (darn my ADD) it is a consistent and unified expression of a particular mood with an aesthetic which is persistently applied throughout. i have to say that i admire that aspect too much to call it hideous. hereā€™s a couple of my favorite jandek songs to give you a better idea about my comparisonā€“

5 Likes

I thought that the lion was a heat register cover, but then I noticed the wheels ā€“ covered bookcase seems to fit

Edit:
I love it and want to live there.

10 Likes

I hate it, but want to live there too.

5 Likes

I love the textures and patterns, but that colour palette is way too drab.

3 Likes

That poor, poor piano.

6 Likes

If Iā€™m in the same room as a piano, the paint-job is the least of the tortures about to be inflicted on it.

2 Likes

And please note the first comment, which seeks to excuse Genesis P-Orridge PHYSICALLY ABUSING COSEY, INCLUDING CHASING HER AROUND WITH A FUCKING KNIFE!

But I canā€™t wait to read this!

5 Likes

I imagine that many of you are well aware of Mr. Weinersmithā€™s Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, but i havenā€™t been keeping up on my webcomics lately and just stumbled upon this one. And it touched my heart.

:emoticon with which to imply that that last statment was ironic, while also implying on a deeper level that the feeling is sincere:

5 Likes

You people are good wobbles.

7 Likes

As are you. Keep on Wobbling.

7 Likes

and of course that needs to be followed up with thisā€¦

4 Likes

What?

1 Like

Was the editor who identified Ivanka as his wife in error about what year it is? Perhaps they are from the near future.

2 Likes

A member of the party of ā€œfamily valuesā€ shows their true colors yet again!

4 Likes

Apparently the people brought the GOD DAMN COUCH with them! Talk about hardcore cosplayers!

5 Likes

THATā€™S dedication to the craft!

3 Likes

I know! Itā€™s pretty amazing! I do wonder how many people did not get the reference, though. How long ago did Married with Children go off the air? 20 now? Actually, apparently, exactly 20 years this year!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriedā€¦_with_Children

Holy crap!

3 Likes

I thought that was what they were going for but it has been so so longā€¦ I feel old.

2 Likes

Sweet FSM, am I old. I knew what characters they were at first glance. :disappointed:

2 Likes