HYST Generic Discussion Thread

OMG.
That is a house decorated with vision. Binge drunk double vision.

9 Likes

I thought I was imagining it. O_o
The price of the house is killing me, but I can see why it’s been on the market so long. YIKES.

6 Likes

And it was listed for $1,250,000 in Jan last year?

5 Likes

Yeah, I was looking at the price history, wondering what the realtors were smoking.

7 Likes

At least one of those prices was set by the owner. I suspect a realtor took one look and told them they were nuts.

We are looking at houses around here. They all say things like this (for a house that came onto the market this afternoon):

Seller will review offers on Offer Review Date (may review/accept sooner) - 04/06/2017

Nothing is staying on the market for longer than a week, you have to offer over the asking price, everything is sold as-is.

3 Likes

The same thing the owners were smoking I bet.

5 Likes

i love the “gazebo” in the back yard as well as the steps leading down to it.

2 Likes

Stairway railing curtains!

5 Likes

What is going on in that dining room, though? What are those things on the right side of the room?

6 Likes

… and when does the seance start?

6 Likes

My brain can’t comprehend this house. If I lived in the area, I’d have to go see it myself, regardless of whether or not I was in the market for a house. So many questions…

4 Likes

In a couple of places it looks like there’s books poking out from behind the mini-curtains so maybe covered movable bookcases? On the other hand they seem to be hanging features, so probably not.

6 Likes

I wish I could figure it out! That’s what I’d use it for, but why the hell would any one cover up books?

4 Likes

Can’t we send @OtherMichael?

7 Likes

Evilness? Or maybe they’re messy eaters. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I think we should, actually. Maybe he can go do some checking on this and come explain it to us? @OtherMichael?

6 Likes

Maybe it’s his house?

8 Likes

And now he has to move, because his weird house overfloweth with babbies? I like this explanation.

9 Likes

I used to get this magazine about outsider art. The decor in this house reminds me of the homes that were featured in that magazine.

4 Likes

You got me!

I saw this online a few weeks or months ago, but didn’t twig that it was in CT, and not too​ far away.

It’s hideous, and still out of our price-range.

7 Likes