I couldn't figure out this optical illusion painting until the very end

[Permalink]

3 Likes

While I realize the video is incredibly short and that the post title is factually true, I have a pretty high awareness and a very low tolerance for click-baity headlines. And I’m kinda bummed out seeing one on BoingBoing.

…also, I clicked.

3 Likes

I couldn’t figure out why the artist still thinks Keith Haring is rad. Otherwise, the illusion is pretty great!

Weaver is plagiarising Patrick Hughes.

2 Likes

http://www.patrickhughes.co.uk/imitators.html :smiley: "a nit-picking nitwit who only brings greed and stupidity to art, which should be creative and generous. "

2 Likes

Reminds me of my favorite illusion, the Gathering for Gardner dragon.

9 Likes

I was gobsmacked. Thanks, Mark.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I have one up on my bookshelf!

my roommate and I agree, this is officially TIZZ-ight!

@Mister44, I wtf’ed. nice.

While I realize the video is incredibly short and that the post title is factually true, I have a pretty high awareness and a very low tolerance for click-baity headlines.

So This Stick Of Butter Is Left Out At Room Temperature; You Won’t Believe What Happens Next is right out?

2 Likes

All a matter of perspective.

2 Likes

What…was it Nevada in July with the A/C broken?

If you have three hours to spare, you can find out.

1 Like

I got it almost immediately, but I’ve seen a /lot/ of variations on that one over the years.

That site is gold.

There might be a few days per year during which a stick of butter would melt on a kitchen counter in Chicago. Circumstances would have to be optimal, though.

FYI to you and everyone else, they have a copy of this dragon online you can print out and make yourself. I printed one out in black and white and it worked as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.