I don't hanker for a hunk o' American flavored imitation pasteurized process cheese food

Processed stuff that needs a chemist, ought to be illegal to sell under the name cheese. [quote=“LapsedPacifist, post:19, topic:92284”]
just plain old milk, cow guts, and assorted bacteria and fungi for me,
[/quote] too, please.
Feta. Cheddar that comes in its own fancy little wax jacket. Whitestone. . . excuse me, it is close to second breakfast time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“tigkiwi, post:23, topic:92284”]
Processed stuff that needs a chemist, ought to be illegal to sell under the name cheese
[/quote]You think American Flavored Imitation Pasteurized Process Cheese Food isn’t a clear enough distinction?

7 Likes

They wouldn’t make this crap if people didn’t buy this crap.

7 Likes

Then you’ve never had a good grilled cheese sandwich.
Once you have had one you’ll want to barf at the sight of that plastic shite.

10 Likes

Look, they may not be all cheese, they may not be good cheese, but there is some cheese in there, and most importantly they seem to keep forever in the fridge, so I can have a slice of “cheese” on my sandwich at work if the spirit suddenly moves me.

5 Likes

They who say ignorance is bliss are, uh, ignorant!

You do realize that there is American cheese that is cheese, right?

Like Boars head American cheese ingredients are (forgive the copy/paste): AMERICAN CHEESE (MILK, SALT, CHEESE CULTURE, ENZYMES), WATER, CREAM, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SALT.

Jarlsberg (a great grilled cheese cheese) is the same minus the phosphates, and is better for you - but both are “real” cheese even if one is from an American cheese log.

5 Likes

It’s prescient in a rather pointless way?

That is not a distinction, it is a dire warning.

2 Likes

When did the creation of food(-like substance) packing and ransom notes converge? :open_mouth:

15 Likes

Or later, in the class action suit:

“Your Honor, how would a reasonable person think this is real cheese? I mean, just look at the packaging. It’s far too whimsical!”

3 Likes

For what they charge, they probably can’t afford a pro designer. Be glad it’s not in comic sans, and that irrational capitalization is the extent of their creativity.

5 Likes

I just remembered the American flavored cheetos I used to buy in China. Technically I think they are “American Turkey” flavored, but everyone at the store just said American flavored.

6 Likes

Right around valu time.

10 Likes

Dunno, I’ve been pretty surprised at the quality of the packaging of a lot of the brands I’ve never heard offered at the grocery discounter Grocery Outlet. But maybe they all went bankrupt due to high design costs and had to sell of their inventory to Grocery Outlet :worried:

I believe there’s only valid use for Velveeta: hiding the pill when you have to give medicine to a dog.

7 Likes

Whats the matter, Frauenfelder? Afraid of a little alleged cheese-like food-like product?

Filthy casual! It’s only real cheese if maggots accost you when you try to eat it.

6 Likes

Your welcome.

2 Likes

6 Likes