I got a generic "emergency" radio for Christmas and it came in this amazing box

Originally published at: I got a generic "emergency" radio for Christmas and it came in this amazing box | Boing Boing

15 Likes

You are actually a cat, and I claim my £5.

19 Likes

Is that David Tennant?

17 Likes

There’s a compass!

A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

16 Likes

It isn’t when I zoomed in, but that was exactly my thought when I first saw this.

4 Likes

I like the color. It’ll probably last better than my red Eton, which has bleached to silver from the sun.

It looks like you can set the weather band channel separate from the radio tuning, which is nice when you are listening to something, and want to check the weather then flip back.

Shortwave but no AM band?

Weird image. If you’re Tom Cruise running from a disaster, you don’t have time to listen to the radio.

10 Likes

This device is made for the zombie apocalypse. Shortwave? Check! Solar? Check! Compass? Check! All it needs now is a Rambo knife!

11 Likes

i have this radio in my hurricane preparedness kit. it works great. didn’t come in the cool box with the admonition from the Doctor to “run!”.
and as to that - it was the very first thing Chris Ecc said as the 9th Doctor in the first of the rebooted series. (the always lovable 10th, Mr Tennant, may have also uttered the word, but he was not the first.)

7 Likes

I like the generic leading man/spy/hero clipart used to show exactly how to run from a natural (or unnatural) disaster, as one does.

9 Likes

“All hazards”

Wow. All of them?

(begins thinking of alien attacks and mega-volcano eruptions.)

8 Likes

Tom Cruise in silicone mask

3 Likes

Run from ALL the hazards !!!

37 Likes

It looks like it! Though they should have gotten a Tom Cruise look alike.

3 Likes

The artist probably started with a Tom Cruise image and changed the face to avoid legal complications.

mqdefault

10 Likes

Go Go Go Running GIF

fred armisen lol GIF by IFC

Maybe just meant to look like him?

20 Likes

When it starts raining blood like that I don’t know how much good running is going to do?

10 Likes

According to Mythbusters running in the rain will keep you dryer so there is that.

11 Likes

I guess I can’t get this until I get back from traveling….

From the Amazon description HOME & OUTDOOR NECESSARY

4 Likes

Kramer from Seinfeld was my first thought.

3 Likes

Especially when one caused the disaster.

4 Likes