I got mugged today and I feel so powerless

Things can be replaced. You cannot be. I’m sorry you went through this ordeal but glad you are alive on the other end of it.

6 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: The panacea of universal gun ownership

I’m so sorry. That’s really fucking scary, I can’t even imagine.

If you get a chance, talk to a professional about this, okay? This can cause PTSD…

10 Likes

so sorry you had to endure that.
You are in shock right now. It’s normal. Sort of “post-traumatic” in a way. feel free to talk to anyone about this. Friends, people like us on-line… a therapist if you need to. anyone

that does help. Hoping things go better for you and your family in the coming year

8 Likes

This is a little late, but – vibes, e-hugs, and sympathies to you and your mom. Thank goodness you and everyone at the place were unhurt.

8 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes! I was away for the holidays and I only just returned now.
I’m going to give you an update so you feel better about the situation. The next day after the mugging my brother lent me his old iPhone until I get another phone. It’s a better phone than the one I had, although it’s not quite the same.

About me, I feel pretty okay about the whole thing, definitely better than after it happened. I haven’t talked to a professional yet (which I will since I was very jumpy while I was away, I couldn’t shake the thought of a break-in while the house was empty) but my mom and I talked with each other trying to untangle our minds and we both feel a little bit better. Christmas dinner also helped!

I hope the 5-0 calls us some time soon with some leads about the guy, but I’m not super optimistic. My phone surely on someone else’s hands.

But anyways. Thanks to everyone for helping me with this shit. It was just what I needed.

9 Likes

I’m sure everyone is glad you are doing better.
Don’t feel pressure to ‘get back to normal’.
give yourself and your mom time to adjust.

Just be kind to yourself. You will be fine.

4 Likes

I’m sorry it happened to you, but am glad you’re feeling somewhat better. I’d still recommend maybe talking to someone.

Happy new year!

6 Likes

I am glad that you and your mom are okay - not physically hurt.

Compassionate people here.
Lovely!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.