"I Like Music That Sounds Like Shit" t-shirt!

Originally published at: "I Like Music That Sounds Like Shit" t-shirt! | Boing Boing

1 Like

Wear to your favorite band’s concert to bask in the admiration and acceptance of your peers!

9 Likes

I do not concur.

2 Likes

“I like music with that Ultra Heavy Beat!”

1 Like

I agree on the fact that people conflate country music with contemporary stuff, which is more country-inflected rock than anything else. Check a short list:

That’s like saying only 50’s rock is rock, and contemporary music isn’t. The distinction doesn’t even make sense.

Artists grow old and die, new ones rise up. Culture changes and blends. Popular tastes shift over time. And thank god, because it all gets tiresome after not too many replays.

If you want to stick a label on it, fine, but keep in mind it’s only your label. Because if someone classifies a piece of music as “country” today, that doesn’t make them wrong.

3 Likes

it used to be dubstep but…
then google+ went that way…

voted best of 2012…

Move the line return and the t-shirt becomes more judgemental.

I LIKE MUSIC

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT

1 Like

Then there is the modern stuff:

1 Like

reading the headline for this post made me think it was another plug for this whole “brown noise” phenom. :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Okay, so much about Country. Fine.
Now what about Western?

2 Likes

My mind goes to Bob Wills, but that’s just me:

“Music is Shit”, possibly one of the best songs of the 80’s…

1 Like

As someone whose music inspired his mother to literally throw dishes around the kitchen while shouting “How can he listen to that, that’s not music!”, I should at least consider getting this.

2 Likes

Lemme guess - Lawrence Welk, right?
Yeah, way too much sax and violins.

2 Likes

Sounds like shit…

Do these songs sound like shit because of the recording quality?

Thanks to the movie “Crossroads”, I once tried to listen to some very old blues recordings, but it was impossible to hear the singer’s voice and the guitar. It sounded like he was singing at distance, while taking a bath in an old-fashioned shower, inside a freight train in a downpour.

Or does He really like real crappy music?

2 Likes

Either “Help, I’m a Rock” or “The Return of the Son of Monster Magnet” off of Freak Out!. Pretty innocuous stuff if you ask me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.